Saturday, September 24, 2011

Influence of Mass Media

          Mass media are things that engage in everyday of our lives.We encounter them in the workplace, school, home,and community.In short,everywhere!We are influenced by their effects and these in turn shape our thoughts,ideas,perceptions and beliefs.In turn,this will help us understand why we have different personalities in the process of discovering media in the technological world.In this case,I will dwell on some of the forms of mass media and explain how important it is to me.By the way,"mass media refer to the print and electronic forms of communication used to send messages to widespread audiences".

            Print media include things like books,textbooks,magazines and newspapers.Electronic media on the other hand focus on the Internet,motion pictures and even advertising.First,my books and textbooks are normally the things I need for school.They help me gain knowledge and information about the subjects I take.They're normally the main sources of my understanding because I always have to read them for my assignments in most subjects.

        Newspapers are the second sources of print media I have to check for the latest updates in current events.I normally read newspapers to get myself updated in economic trends.I have to take note of the exchange and foreign rates,and even the headlines for the main news.I also have to browse the increase and decrease of the stock numbers so I can observe the changes in the percent of these numbers.

         Magazines are the third type of print media I read during my leisure time.I check the latest magazines for the best styles,trends,clothing,sports,grooming and any other articles I read related to daily life.I like reading the articles related to daily life because there are so many things I can pick up and learn to improve myself as a person.

        Finally,the internet and the advertisements are my favorite sources of information for the electronic media.The internet is the best way to get access to information and knowledge.I get the chance to also connect with my friends and other people I know,particularly on facebook.I use facebook in the internet to relate with friends,relatives and blockmates.Facebook is a great way of expressing yourself,posting stats and shout-outs,creating albums with fantastic pictures and even checking out our homework and asking help for it as well.Advertisements help me get aware of the latest promos and the craziest stuff around seen in billboards,flyers,posters,videos and so much more.

       These are some the forms of media I encounter as a student and a person.I noticed that I am not as keen in exposing myself to mass media so this will be my chance of getting more experience in it so I will be more well-informed about what's going on around me especially in current events.I also realized that technology is an important tool in sending messages through the media.I learned how technology can help in the efficiency in the producing and sending of messages.This has inspired me to be more techie or tech-savvy and I really want to become one because this can help in my future careers.I hope to learn more and understand the world of mass media in my daily life! :D

2 comments:

  1. It's true, the current life adapts us to being more techy-savvy, because electronic sources have become the most convenient form of media there currently is. It is definitely hard to stop immersing ourselves into media and technology. Be warned though, my friend, that these information we receive may have most likely been through agenda setting, and will most probably be a cultivated reality, rather than the truth. Good work, Migi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mass media is definitely something we need to wary ourselves of because of our course. I hope we both learn more about it! :)

    ReplyDelete