According to the definition of what an org is,"an organization is a group of people with a particular purpose." In the Ateneo,all of us since first year have been told to join and value orgs.At the same time,we also have to be active members in that organization we're in.In my case,I realized that I missed this great chance of being active when I was a freshman.I had a wrong perception that my home org (ACTM) was only a party org and that it was only limited to parties and superficial activities but I was wrong.I was looking for something more substantial and little did I know those parties and activities that I labeled as "superficial" were actually the trainings that I've been looking for!I felt bad when I said that because it took a toll on me.The parties and the other activities I call "superficial" are one of the things that define an organization because it means that people love hanging out,spending time with each other,meeting new friends,extending one's network and developing one's talents and abilities.
Orgs help in developing a person fully by exposing them to their likes and interests.It's only this second year that I got to know and discover the orgs that I wanted to be part of.From the orgs I joined in,I also discovered my interests on the way and how it is related to my course and what I like!Either way,my likes and interests are slowly beginning to crystallize or become crystal clear.The orgs that I joined included my home org,Actm(Association for Communications Technology Management),Ajma(Ateneo Junior Marketing Association),Acomm(Ateneo Communication for communication majors),Cosa(Collegiate Society of Advertising) and Acmg(Ateneo College Ministry Group).This totals to 5 orgs in all.
The first four(Actm,Ajma,Acomm,Cosa) are the ones related to my course and future career.So,how about Acmg?Is it really related to what I like and my course as I have mentioned a while ago?Well,I also wanted to be part of Acmg since I wanted to maintain my relationships with my old friends,develop my spirituality and serve through singing and lectoring.Acmg may not be related to my course and career but I still joined anyway because of the reasons mentioned above.I felt inspired because these orgs can now help me focus in developing my abilities,skills,talents,knowledge in the areas I like.I realized though that you would have an edge in your org if you already had experience.Unfortunately,even though I'm becoming aware of what I like,I didn't have the experience as compared to my other orgmates!:D
So right now,I'm relying on my curiosity,passion and enthusiasm TO LEARN from my seniors and experienced orgmates!=)As I got my self exposed in my orgs,I slowly picked up the values that I learned from them.These values would guide me in my journey of developing myself in what I like.These values would also be my guiding principles so that I would always do what's right.Of course,there are rules that I have to follow so I can participate in the goals that my orgs would aspire to reach.I'm also doing my best in befriending people so I can learn from them.The process of social integration will come in handy for me because this can give me the chance to get the mutual cooperation of my orgmates in order for us to understand each other.As I learn from my orgmates,their expectations for me would evolve and I have to get myself prepared for that.In the meantime,I'm enjoying the privilege of being a new member;Learning new things and discovering important values and lessons that I may give myself back in return for what they have taught me.
Orgs are really a great way of diverting from the stress of academics.I'm already seeing its importance and I'm maximizing the time that I have for these orgs.My goal is to also refine my knowledge,skills,talents and abilities through the help of my orgs so I can get ready for promising careers and good jobs!I hope to learn a lot and give back as I mature in time so I can fully realize my reason and purpose of joining these orgs!=)
No comments:
Post a Comment